TITLE: Director of Sales
REPORTS TO: President
The Director of Sales has the overall responsibility for creating strategy and driving execution of sales for A.R. Wilfley and Sons. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of understanding the pump market, setting an effective strategy and leading a cohesive sales team. He or she will also be well versed in both U.S. and International markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, directing and monitoring all aspects of sales.
- Uses knowledge of international markets to set strategies that will drive new pump sales with existing and new customers.
- Establishes global sales territories, goals and objectives.
- Conducts market research, creates forecasts, develops orders, and sets budgets.
- Hones the cycle of sales from market expansion, quotations, customer relations, customer negotiations, troubleshooting, completed billing and sales team management.
- Participates in pricing strategy developments designed to take advantage of market opportunities and improve profits.
- Provides leadership and training for sales team and representatives, creating a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and cohesive team.
- Evaluates performance of regional sales managers and manufacturer’s representatives. Provides recommendations for incentive compensation plans.
- Meets with key customers, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Serves on executive leadership team and provides regular status reports.
- Works closely with director of business development providing market insights, voice of the customer, product development, improvement of existing products, market placement and promotions.
- Provides input for marketing communications, advertising and trade show strategies.
- Complies with all company policies.
Experience and skill sets:
- Bachelor of Science required, Engineering degree preferred, MBA desired.
- Requires a minimum of 10+ years sales management experience.
- Must possess substantial international business acumen within the centrifugal pump industry.
- Strategic thinker with a proven ability to execute strategy.
- Possess a habit of actively engaging in market research.
- Highly analytical and metrics-driven approach to planning, managing and executing strategic goals.
- Proven execution against P&L performance targets in addition to tracking and delivering on key operating metrics.
- Experience with integrated product development and new product launches.
- Extensive experience leading, managing and mentoring teams of high-performing professionals across diverse areas of the world.
- Possesses hands-on experience in customer relations.
- Experience in responding to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or business community.
- Must be a self-starter who can prioritize effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to interact with senior level management with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Travel will be 25%-35%.
This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this position.
If interested… please send your resume and contact details to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.Director of Sales