Wilfley has recently developed and released a new extension of the widely popular and proven A9 product line… the A9LF pump. The A9LF has been specifically designed to handle the unique requirements of low-flow high-head applications. Key benefits include:
- Lower specific speeds increase pump reliability
- Higher head for a given impeller diameter
- Higher efficiency versus a traditional centrifugal pump design
- Increased L10 life of the bearings due to the significantly reduced radial loads
The A9LF pump also has all of the same features of the standard A9:
- DryLock® 2 Static Seal
- Extremely robust power end
(Hover over or tap on image to view cross section)
The developed heads and the efficiencies can be as much as 30-35% higher than similar diameter volute radial vane pumps at similar capacities. The radial loads are also approximately 25% of the values seen by volute style pumps. All of this is achieved with the high precision circular case design and the fully-open Barske style impeller.
A9LF Case & Impeller
Standard A9 Case & Impeller
The A9LF pump is currently available with two set impeller diameters (9” and 10”) and three discharge throat diameters (0.25”, 0.375”, 0.5”), all packaged in a 2″x1″ ANSI RF studded flange arrangement.
Specifications at a Glance
- Layout: End suction, top (tangential) discharge, back pull-out design
- Impeller: Fully-open Barske style design
- Frame: Overhung shaft, with two piece frame
- Sizes: 2×1-9 (A,B,C), 2×1-10 (A,B,C)
- Seal Options: DryLock® 2 with Opti-Expeller; single or double mechanical seals
Contact your local Wilfley representative today to learn more about the A9LF pump.