Wilfley Sealing Technology provides leak free operation at all times without requiring the flush systems and expensive operating costs that are associated with mechanical seals and compression packing. This might not seem very important until you look at it from a larger scale… the yearly savings can be astounding!
Annual Flush Water Consumption
Wilfley Sealing Technology also eliminates product dilution since there is no flush water entering the process. This provides enormous cost savings because you will no longer need to remove the water downstream.
Annual Evaporating Costs
A couple of drops of product leakage might not appear to be a serious concern but all of those drops really add up throughout the year. This leakage isn’t just a loss in product, it also adds to the amount of waste water that will need to be handled.
Annual Product Leakage Through Seal
Use the calculator below to see how much water and energy your current pumps are wasting by using conventional sealing technology.
Contact your local Wilfley representative NOW to learn more about how Wilfley can help lower your operating costs.
Notes on Charts:
- Charts are based on a pump running for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Solution contains 10-20% fine solids by weight.
- Data is based on best case scenario.
- Mechanical seal flush rate data based on 1 USGPM per inch of shaft sleeve diameter.
- Packing data is based on a “full flush” configuration with 60% of the flush water entering the process.
- Evaporating cost data based on the Fluid Sealing Association Life-Cycle Cost Estimator.
- Evaporating cost based on $0.10 per kWh.
- 1 drop of fluid = 0.0084 fl oz (0.25 ml).